FOUR KEY PRINCIPLES FOR FINDING YOUR PATH TO GREATNESS
Success is defined in different ways by different people, but more and more it has become synonymous with money and status. If you are thinking of coming out as a winner in life, don’t confine yourself to monetary values. With money, you may feel “technically” rich and yet have no access to the truest joy. Real greatness, however, is less about results or a bottom line, and more about the process of achieving goals and dreams.
Life is a like a rollercoaster, isn’t it! We all have our own strengths and weaknesses. If you have an urge to attain great success, you need to get out of your comfort zone and start taking huge steps of faith. There is a popular saying that if the dream you have for your life doesn’t scare you, you probably won’t amount to anything in life. If you have a dream to achieve great things, then this article is for you!
Once we decide that the results are all that matter, then success/greatness comes at a high price. We find ourselves making sacrifices and compromises that were once unacceptable. We trade today for some future payoff. When that payoff comes, we realize it can never be enough. And, when the results we work so hard for don’t materialize, we label that failure. It’s an impossible model to sustain for a lifetime. Fortunately, there is another way!
· The first principle is to Attain Belief in Yourself, which is further broken down into five keys:
1. Accept the truth: Acknowledging the person you are today is the key to becoming the person you want to be and, ultimately, to attaining belief in yourself. There is a big difference between failing and not getting the results we want. Instead of seeing failure, see opportunities for growth and change.
2. Speak the truth: Be honest about your past behaviors and habits. While it may be difficult to acknowledge them, burying those parts of our lives makes us feel like victims, amplifying our fear and pain. Shedding light on the past, by talking with a trusted friend or professional, frees us.
3. Breathe through the truth: Avoid reacting from a place of pain or anger – no matter how much you believe you are right. Be open to changing your perspective. Treat yourself lovingly. Do not self-destruct.
4. Process the truth: Give yourself time and space to find your balance. Developing belief in yourself means gaining confidence that will lead to a stronger foundation.
5. Create a plan based on the truth: Stay strong. Continue believing and actively engage in this process. Define how you want to live your life from where you are right now.
Once you attain belief in yourself, you can believe in others – as all great leaders do. This allows you to act with purpose, intention, and awareness at all times.
· The second principle is Act with Courage and Honesty.
Whether you are the CEO, in middle management, or in an entry-level position, when you act with courage and integrity, it inspires others to do the same. A big part of that is appreciating all people and the selfless acts and sacrifices they make every day.
· The third principle is to do Great Things!
Each day set three attainable activity goals: one personal, one professional, and one to help others. By taking action in these three areas every day, you make each day victorious. The victory is not in the results, but in the actions themselves. Even if what you do doesn’t turn out perfectly, as you may have hoped, the experience of accomplishment every day is a victory.
· The fourth principle is to Create a Living Legacy.
Surrender to a cause greater than yourself. Find your passion and live it every day. Work diligently towards your goal. Fight for what you believe in despite the obstacles in your path. Don’t wait to leave a legacy after you’re gone. Live that legacy every day.
#Besuccessfulbegreat #Createyourpathtogreatness #Don'tbeafraid #Dogreatthings #Believeinyourself #Createsuccess