We’re closely monitoring the updates around the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Although for the time being our region is mildly affected, we want to act fast and ensure we’re taking all the precautionary measures to avoid any risks. This is why we’d like you all to pay extra attention and implement the following guidelines:
· If you’re feeling sick, leave the office immediately and stay at home until you’re completely asymptomatic. Common COVID-19 symptoms are coughing, difficulty breathing and fever, but we ask you to use your sick leave even if you have the slightest symptoms in order to prevent potential infection in the workplace.
· If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, use your sick leave as usual. You can refer to our sick leave policy for more details on the process. You can return to the office only after you’ve fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming your recovery.
· As of today, all business trips to high-risk areas are canceled. (You can consult the WHO Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) travel advice for more details.) If you had a trip planned to those areas (e.g. for training or to attend a conference), we will try to rearrange that when we have the official assurance that it’s safe to travel.
· If you have traveled to any of the high-risk areas (or if you’re currently there), please contact HR and your manager as soon as possible. We might ask you to work from home for 14 days until you’re fully asymptomatic and avoid all in-person contact with colleagues in the meantime.
· The above applies even if you didn’t travel, but you live with someone who did travel to a high-risk area recently (e.g. a spouse, a flatmate or a child).
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to HR if you have any doubts about which areas are considered high-risk. Also, as guidelines on international travel guidance are regularly updated, be mindful of any upcoming trips you’ve booked, including those in areas that are currently low or moderate risk.
Work From Home:
· If you’re catering for a family member who’s been diagnosed with COVID-19, but can work, you can request to work from home. Talk to your manager to see if this is possible, based on current projects and team needs; if not, we’ll ask you to use your paid leave.
We’re already cautious when it comes to office hygiene, but in times like these, we ask you to ensure you follow these official guidelines:
· Wash your hands regularly throughout the day for at least 20 seconds at a time.
· Use hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol – we’ve equipped the office so you can find one anywhere.
· Avoid touching your face – especially eyes, nose, and mouth – with your hands.
· Cover your mouth with your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
· Open the windows regularly to ensure regular fresh air flow.
Your health is our top priority, so we will keep an eye on any developments around the coronavirus outbreak and will let you know if there are any extra precautionary measures we all need to apply.
Connecting With Your Staff Virtually:
Just because you aren’t in the office doesn’t mean you can’t keep the workflow of your team going strong. Connect with your team and patients using these 5 video conference call service platforms, all of which have a free package options:
Zoom – This easy, reliable cloud platform can be used for video and audio conferencing, chat and webinars. Host up to 100 participants, have unlimited 1-to-1 meetings and more.
GoToMeeting – The GoToMeeting Free plan is a great way to get started with quick and easy online meetings. The free plan allows you and your coworkers or friends to collaborate with high-quality screen sharing, webcams, VoIP audio and chat messaging in one session – no download needed.
UberConference – Chat with up to 10 participants on this rich interface that makes it easy to do things like mute a noisy caller, dial-in and share your screen, use voice intelligence to transcribe your meetings and employ custom hold music.
Skype – Access easy video meetings with no sign ups or downloads. Generate your free unique link with one click, share it with participants and enjoy effortless meetings with Skype. Have a full set of features at your disposal. Free conference calls, no sign ups, no downloads required.
Google Hangouts – Connect with your team from anywhere. With easy-to-join video calls, you can meet face-to-face without having to be in the office.
Utsa Mukherjee [MBA HR]
AirCrews Aviation Pvt Ltd
Follow Utsa @Social Media
Post a Comment